The Trade Desk is a demand-side platform that facilitates the placement of ads strategically and intelligently. NinjaCat's connection with this powerful platform is continuously evolving. This article outlines the details of the latest version of our integration with The Trade Desk.
Adding the Integration Data Network
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Follow the instructions in the article How to Connect a Direct Data Network Connection to begin the process of making the Network connection
3. Fill in the required fields on the Network Settings page with the requested credentials
NinjaNote: In some cases, there are programmatic ways to find the requested credentials. Ultimately you may have to contact the data source provider to obtain the credentials. We advise or help direct you to the credentials when we can.
4. Check the boxes that correspond to the specific report types you'd like to pull data for
NinjaNote: The report labeled "Ad Group Performance Report" is the report that traditionally supplied data for the previous versions of The Trade Desk network in NinjaCat. This new version of our integration coincides with an update to The Trade Desk's own platform. This has provided us access to new reports that reorganize the data from The Trade Desk into several reports with specific focuses.
5. Set the earliest and latest reporting date range if you want to restrict the amount of data coming in
NinjaNote: Setting the "Earliest Reporting Date" sets the oldest boundary for a date range of backfill data
NinjaNote: After the data network connection is established, indicators under each selected report title will let you know whether connecting to that report type was successful or not
NinjaNote: The Trade Desk offers two levels of access. Partner-level access and Advertiser level access. Either level of access can use The Trade Desk connection in NinjaCat, though Advertiser level access restricts you from accessing performance enhancements and more granular control of the data received when creating the network connection. Partner-level access allows for selecting the Available Reports at the network level. If you choose to selectively pull data for certain reports at the advertiser level, know that you only have advertiser access, or have triggered an error trying to select Available Reports (which possibly suggests advertiser access) you can enable the toggle labeled "Setup reports at account level". This creates the network connection, then lets you select from the "Available Reports" at the Advertiser Account level in NinjaCat.
Click the "Add Network" button near the bottom right
Connecting Advertiser-Specific Integration Data to a NinjaCat Account
1. Follow the instructions in the article How To Add a Single Data Connection to a NinjaCat Account to begin the process of making the client-specific data connection
2. Fill in the required fields on the Connect Data Source page by using the provided drop-down menus or by typing in the requested credentials
NinjaNote: If you enabled the toggle for "Setup reports at account level" when you created the network, the list of available reports will become visible after you select your desired network
Click "Connect" near the bottom right
NinjaNote: If you need to connect multiple instances of the same data source to one account follow the steps in the article How To Add Multiple Instances of a Single Data Source
- Check out the following article for a complete list of The Trade Desk MyReports V3 Dimensions and Metrics and their window of availability.