There are so many sources of data that don't provide direct, software API connections. You are probably using at least one. If you've got data but need a way to get it to NinjaCat we can help. If you can get your data into a Google Sheet we can read that sheet and make that data available for Reports and Dashboards. Sign in to your Google Drive through our data connector and the connector will only see the Sheets in the drive. Then you direct NinjaCat to the specific data you need to pull by using what we call a "Mapping". This article is documentation of some of the details of this integration.
NinjaNote: For a "How To" on setting up a Google Sheets connection follow the instructions in this article; Setting Up Google Sheets.
Requirements and Best Practices
- Column headings must be in row 1.
- No blank or skipped rows. Your NinjaCat report will include consecutive rows in a Google sheet up until the first row with no content in the first cell/column.
- Data formatting designations should be accurate in the Google Sheet before being brought into NinjaCat (e.g. Date data formatted as Date, Numeric data formatted as Number, Text string data formatted as Text)
- Formatting (e.g. color, bold, text alignment) in your Google sheet will not carry through to your NinjaCat report.
- Google Sheet Restrictions (as per Google):
- Google spreadsheets format can’t be larger than 20 MB
- Needs to be under 400,000 cells
- Needs to be under 256 columns per sheet
- As far as we know (at this point) there is no maximum number of NinjaCat mappings that can be made to a single Google Sheets Custom Network