The default date range will define the date range of all widgets in your template unless they are specifically edited. These simple steps will walk you through the process of changing the default date range to be used across your template.
NinjaNote: The default date range is the date range that will be used when you first create a widget. This date range can later be over-ridden at a report level, or you can change it on a widget by widget level.
Accessing the Global Template Settings
2. Select the desired template from the list or follow the instructions in the article Creating a Template From Scratch to get a new one
3. Click on the fourth tab from the left of the four tabs at the top of the right side inspector panel (labeled with a globe icon)
Understanding the Date Picker
1. Click under "Date Range" in the Global Settings panel. There are three ways to select a default date range:
- Quick- a selection of the most popular dynamic date ranges. The list is searchable using the field at the top.
- Relative - a place to select your own specific dynamic date range. Using the relative date picker allows you to control with greater granularity the date range that you show. These dates will update as you run your report and use your template.
- From - Enter the starting boundary that will be used for the desired relative date range by selecting first the number of, then, second the units of how far back in time from now the beginning boundary is
- To - Enter the ending boundary that will be used for the desired relative date range by selecting first the number of, then, second the units of how far back in time from now that ending boundary is
- Absolute - Select a static, "hardcoded" date range that will never change
- From - Input the starting date that will be used for this absolute date range
- To - Set the ending date that will be used for this absolute date range
NinjaNote: This date range will never update as you use the template
- Days To Include - Both Relative and Absolute let you choose to include or exclude specific days of the week using the 'Day(s) to include' section.
2. Click the confirmation button near the bottom right of the window to save your chosen default date range