Twitter Ads is a microblogging and social networking platform that enables companies to manage social campaigns for advertisers. Twitter Organic is the platform that allows for the collection of organic analytics from Twitter accounts. This article will lead you through the steps to create a new Twitter Network connection, connect the Twitter Ads and/or Twitter Organic network to your advertiser accounts, and lists a few details about how Twitter works inside of NinjaCat.
Adding the Twitter Network
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Under the Data Sources section, click on the "Add Network" button near the top right
3. Find Twitter from the list of available network connections then click the "Connect" button
4. Fill in all of the required fields under the Network Settings
5. Click the "Add Network" button near the bottom left of page 6. You will automatically be redirected to a page where you are asked to authenticate a Twitter account to continue with NinjaCat
NinjaNote: For authentication, a User Name/Email and Password are required. There is no software-based method for gathering that info. You must have your login credentials. Once you have Twitter connected at the Agency level, you will be able to connect Twitter Ads and Twitter Organic at the Account level. This one Twitter Network connection will allow you to connect these two Data Sources to your Accounts.
Connecting Advertiser Specific Twitter Data to a NinjaCat Account
1. Click on "Accounts" in the Top Navigation
2. Click on the desired account in the Account list
3. In the Account Command Center click on the plus "+" near the top right of the card labeled "Data Sources"
4. Select "Twitter Ads" or "Twitter Organic" from the list
NinjaNote: Connecting the Twitter Network is required to connect Twitter Ads and/or Twitter Organic. When connecting at the Advertiser Level you select the desired Twitter platform for the specific Advertiser.
For Twitter Ads
5. Select the desired Twitter Ads Network from the first drop-down menu
6. Select the Twitter Advertiser from the second drop-down menu
7. Click the "Connect" button near the bottom left
For Twitter Organic
8. Select the desired Twitter Organic Network from the first drop-down menu
9. Enter the Twitter Screen Name (for Organic)
10. Click the "Connect" button near the bottom left
NinjaNote: If you need to connect multiple instances of the same data source to one account follow the steps in the article How To Add Multiple Instances of a Single Data Source
- View the linked articles for a complete list of Twitter Ads Dimensions and Metrics & Twitter Organic Dimensions and Metrics