LinkedIn is a professional networking site that allows its members to create business connections, search for jobs, and find potential clients. Ads can appear as sponsored content, sponsored messaging, text ads, or dynamic ads across multiple device types. "Organizations" is the platform that allows for the collection of organic analytics from LinkedIn Pages. This article will lead you through the steps to create a new LinkedIn Network connection, connect the network to your advertiser accounts, and lists a few details about how LinkedIn works inside of NinjaCat.
Adding the LinkedIn Network
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Under the Data Sources section, click on the "Add Network" button near the top right
3. Find LinkedIn from the list of available network connections then click the "Connect" button
4. Set the earliest and latest reporting date range if you want to restrict the amount of data coming in
5. Click the "Add Network" button near the bottom left
6. You will automatically be redirected to a pop-up page where you are asked to enter your LinkedIn credentials
NinjaNote: For authentication, an email or phone number and Password are required. There is no software-based method for gathering that info. You must have your login credentials. Once you have LinkedIn connected at the Agency level, you will be able to connect LinkedIn and/or LinkedIn Organizations at the Account level. This one LinkedIn Network connection will allow you to connect these 2 Data Sources to your Accounts.
Connecting LinkedIn Data to a NinjaCat Account
1. Click on "Accounts" in the Top Navigation
2. Click on the desired account in the Account list
3. In the Account Command Center click on the plus "+" near the top right of the card labeled "Data Sources"
4. Select "LinkedIn" from the list
NinjaNote: Connecting the LinkedIn Network is required to connect LinkedIn AND/OR LinkedIn Organizations. When connecting at the Advertiser Level you select the desired LinkedIn marketing platform for the specific Advertiser.
5. Select the desired LinkedIn Network from the first drop-down menu
6. Select the LinkedIn Advertiser from the second drop-down menu
7. Click the "Connect" button near the bottom left
NinjaNote: If you need to connect multiple instances of the same data source to one account follow the steps in the article How To Add Multiple Instances of a Single Data Source
- View the linked articles for a complete list of LinkedIn Dimensions and Metrics & LinkedIn Organizations Dimensions and Metrics