Inside of the Google Ad Manager 360 platform (formerly DoubleClick for Publishers), the AdBase Ad Number is a custom field that can be created as an attribute to either the Line Item, Order, or Creative dimension. This article is a guide for how to access this custom data from within NinjaCat.
Locate Your Adbase Ad ID
1. In the Google Ad Manager 360 dashboard click on "Global Settings" under "Admin" near the bottom left
2. Click on Custom Fields near the middle
3. The Custom Field ID is a string of numbers that can be found in the URL of the webpage displayed in the search/address bar of your web browser. Before the "#" character. It is not displayed on the dashboard page.
Create A Custom Field Mapping
1. If you don't yet have a Google Ad Manager Network follow the instructions in the article How to Add the Google Marketing Platform Network
2. Go to the Setup Settings
3. Click on the desired Google Marketing Platform Netowork from the list
4. Click on "Edit Mapping" near the center top
5. Click on the "Add Mapping" button near the center
6. FILL IN THE NEEDED INFORMATION IN EACH OF THE REQUIRED TABS
- Type a specific label to identify the mapping in the "Name Identifier" field
- Select "Google Ad Manager" from the following drop-down menu labeled "Google Marketing Platform Network"
- Select the desired account using the resulting drop-down menu labeled "Google Ad Manager Account"
CUSTOM DIMENSIONS Tab
- Click the "Add Custom Dimension" button near the center
- Fill in the needed fields in the "Custom Dimension Editor" pop up window
- Dimension Name - A title for the Dimension that will be visible in the Template Builder
- Field ID - The string of numbers that can be found in the URL of the Google Ad Manager 360 Custom Filed webpage
- Aggregation Mapping - (If appropriate) The common Dimension set that this data could fall under if being combined with data from other data sources
- Display As - The specific format that the data from the sheet should be represented as
3. Click the "OK" button near the bottom right of the pop-up window after all the fields are filled
7. Click the "Save" button near the bottom left
Access Custom Field Data In A Template
2. Add a data widget to the desired template canvas
3. Click on "Add Data Source" near the top right
4. Click on "Google Ad Manager" from the list of data sources then leave the data source choice list
5. Click on the pencil icon near the right of Google Ad Manager under Data Sources
6. Select the desired Mapping from the field labeled "Mapping" in the resulting "Google Ad Manager" pop up window
7. Click on the "Close" button near the bottom right of the pop-up window
8. Select your desired dimension and metric combinations for your widget
NinjaNote: In Google Ad Manager, custom fields act as attributes to either the Line Item, Order, or Creative dimension. When configuring these in a template, the widget must include the Dimension that the Custom Field is associated with.