Invoca connects inbound calls to the digital journey, helping marketers gain much-needed visibility into the campaigns, keywords, and ads that are driving high-value calls. This article will take you through the steps of connecting to your Invoca account.
Adding the Integration Data Network
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Follow the instructions in the article How to Connect a Direct Data Network Connection to begin the process of making the Network connection
3. Fill in the required fields on the Network Settings page with the requested credentials
NinjaNote: In some cases, there are programmatic ways to find the requested credentials. Ultimately you may have to contact the data source provider to obtain the credentials. We advise or help direct you to the credentials when we can.
Click the "Add Network" button near the bottom right
NinjaNote: If you plan on utilizing more than one network account of the same type for your agency, you can help eliminate confusion by placing a descriptive name in the description field. If you will only be adding one Call Tracking network to your agency feel free to leave the name as Description as is.
Connecting Advertiser-Specific Integration Data to a NinjaCat Account
1. Follow the instructions in the article How To Add a Single Data Connection to a NinjaCat Account to begin the process of making the client-specific data connection
2. Fill in the required fields on the Connect Data Source page by using the provided drop-down menus or by typing in the requested credentials or information
Click "Connect" near the bottom right
NinjaNote: If you need to connect multiple instances of the same data source to one account follow the steps in the article How To Add Multiple Instances of a Single Data Source
Third-Party Call Tracking in the Template Builder
2. To access your third-party call tracking data in the template builder you must select "Call Tracking" for your data source
NinjaNote: The only exceptions to the above rule for accessing third-party Call Tracking data in The NinjaCat Template Builder are Telmetrics and What Converts. These two third-party Call Tracking providers have full integrations and can be selected by name in the template builder.
- Check out the linked article for a complete list of Third Party Call Tracking Dimensions and Metrics