Meta/Facebook Ads is a social media platform that enables companies to sell and manage social campaigns for advertisers successfully. Ads can appear in News Feed on desktop, News Feed on mobile, and in the right column of Facebook on desktop. Ad content is sometimes paired with news about social actions that your friends have taken, like liking a Page. Facebook Insights is the platform that allows for the collection of organic analytics from Facebook Pages. This article will lead you through the steps to create a new Facebook Ads Network connection, connect the network to your advertiser accounts, and list a few details about how Facebook Ads works inside of NinjaCat.
Adding the Integration Data Network
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Follow the instructions in the article How to Connect a Direct Data Network Connection to begin the process of making the Network connection
3. As in step "7" in the above, linked article you will be presented with a pop-up window to authenticate with the required credentials and also allow the appropriate permissions
NinjaNote: In some cases, there are programmatic ways to find the requested credentials. Ultimately you may have to contact the data source provider to obtain the credentials. We try to advise or help direct you to the credentials when possible.
Click the "Add Network" button near the bottom right
Connecting Advertiser-Specific Integration Data to a NinjaCat Account
1. Follow the instructions in the article How To Add a Single Data Connection to a NinjaCat Account to begin the process of making the client-specific data connection
2. Fill in the required fields on the Connect Data Source page by using the provided drop-down menus or by typing in the requested credentials or information
Click "Connect" near the bottom right
NinjaNote: Connecting the Meta Network is required to connect Meta/Facebook Ads AND/OR Facebook Insights. When connecting at the Advertiser Level you select the desired Facebook marketing platform for the specific Advertiser.
NinjaNote: If you need to connect multiple instances of the same data source to one account follow the steps in the article How To Add Multiple Instances of a Single Data Source
Controlling Attribution Windows in the NinjaCat Template Builder
1. Access the NinjaCat Template Builder
2. Select the desired widget from the widget browser
3. After selecting the provider "Facebook" as the data source the "Action Attribution Window" selection dropdowns will be available for "view" and "clicks"
4. The windows available are:
- 1 Day
- 7 Day
- 28 Day
- View the linked articles for a complete list of Meta/Facebook Ads Dimensions and Metrics & Facebook Insights Dimensions and Metrics