Facebook Ads is a social media platform that enables companies to successfully sell and manage social campaigns for advertisers. Ads can appear in News Feed on desktop, News Feed on mobile, and in the right column of Facebook on desktop. Ad content is sometimes paired with news about social actions that your friends have taken, like liking a Page. Facebook Insights is the platform that allows for the collection of organic analytics from Facebook Pages. This article will lead you through the steps to create a new Facebook Ads Network connection, connect the network to your advertiser accounts, and lists a few details about how Facebook Ads works inside of NinjaCat.
Adding the Facebook Ads Network
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Under the Data Sources section, click on the "Add Network" button near the top right
3. Find Facebook from the list of available network connections then click the "Connect" button
4. Fill in all of the required fields in the pop-up window to authenticate the connection.
NinjaNote: For authentication, a User Name and Password are required. There is no software-based method for gathering that info. You must have your login credentials. Once you have Facebook connected at the Agency level, you will be able to connect Facebook, Instagram, and/or Facebook Insights at the Account level. This one Facebook Network connection will allow you to connect these 3 Data Sources to your Accounts
6. Click the "Add Network" button near the bottom left of the page to complete adding a Facebook Ads network connection to your Agency
7. You will automatically be redirected to a page where you are asked to enter your Facebook Manager Account credentials
Connecting Advertiser Specific Facebook Ads Data to a NinjaCat Account
1. Click on "Accounts" in the Top Navigation
2. Click on the desired account in the Account list
3. In the Account Command Center click on the plus "+" near the top right of the card labeled "Data Sources"
4. Select "Facebook" from the listNinjaNote: Connecting the Facebook Network is required to connect Facebook Ads AND/OR Facebook Insights. When connecting at the Advertiser Level you select the desired Facebook marketing platform for the specific Advertiser.
5. Select the desired Facebook Ads Network from the first drop-down menu
6. Select the Facebook Ads Advertiser from the second drop-down menu
7. Click the "Connect" button near the bottom left
NinjaNote: If you need to connect multiple instances of the same data source to one account follow the steps in the article How To Add Multiple Instances of a Single Data Source
- View the linked articles for a complete list of Facebook Ads Dimensions and Metrics & Facebook Insights Dimensions and Metrics