Nativo is a Native Advertising platform. Nativo distributes seamless marketing communication that fits the environment of the ads and the audience of the ads. This article will lead you through the steps to create a new Nativo Network connection, connect the network to your advertiser accounts, and lists a few details about how Nativo works inside of NinjaCat.
Adding the Nativo Network
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Under the Data Sources section, click on the "Add Network" button near the top right of the page
3. Find Nativo from the list of available network connections then click the "Connect" button
4. Fill in all of the required fields under the Network Settings
5. Check the boxes that correspond to the specific report types you'd like to pull data for
6. Set the earliest and latest reporting date range if you want to restrict the amount of data coming in
NinjaNote: For authentication, an API Token and an account secret are required. There is no software-based method for gathering that info. You must contact Nativo to get those credentials
6. Click the blue "Add Network" button near the bottom left of the page to complete adding a Nativo network connection to your Agency
Nativo API Data Report Requests
- After the data network connection is established, indicators under each selected report title will let you know whether connecting to that report type was successful or not.
- NinjaCat currently supports three of the six total reports from Nativo. The supported reports are the three campaign based reports: Direct Campaigns, Marketplace Campaigns, and Preferred Campaigns.
- Nativo has instructed us to request the data for each report in two passes in order to avoid a compatibility issue with requesting date based and location-based data simultaneously.
- No matter the time zone or localization settings of your agency or accounts the time zone of the Nativo data is UTC.
NinjaNote: Because each of the three reports we pull is separated into two requests, if you aren't sure which request would include the data that you specifically need, make sure to select both requests for the report that you are going to pull
Connecting Advertiser Specific Nativo Data to a NinjaCat Account
1. Click on "Accounts" in the Top Navigation
2. Click on the desired account in the Account list
3. In the Account Command Center click on the plus "+" near the top right of the card labeled "Data Sources"
4. Select "Nativo" from the list
5. Select the desired Nativo Network from the first drop-down menu
6. Select the desired Account from the second drop-down menu
7. Click the "Connect" button near the bottom left
NinjaNote: If you need to connect multiple instances of the same data source to one account follow the steps in the article How To Add Multiple Instances of a Single Data Source
Nativo in the Template Builder
1. Go to the NinjaCat Template Builder
2. Choose to create a new template or select the desired, previously created template from the list
3. Once inside the template and on the desired page, click on a data widget icon in the inspector to place a data widget on the page
4. Click the "Add Datasources" button under "Data Sources" in the widget settings
5. Choose "Nativo" from the list, then click the small arrow next to "Datasource" to go back
6. Click the "Add Dimensions" button under "Dimensions" in the widget settings
7. Choose your desired dimensions from the list, then click the small arrow next to "Dimensions" to go back
8. Click the "Add Metrics" button under "Metrics" in the widget settings
9. Choose your desired metrics from the list, then click the small arrow next to "Metrics" to go back
10. Select the specific report that contains the data you want to visualize under "Report Data Source"
NinjaNote: The "Report Data Source" drop-down menu allows you to select the specific Nativo Report that contains the data you want to display in the widget. If you are only requesting one or two of the reports, always having to select the report for each widget can add extra time. That is why we have the "Default" option. That option saves time by causing the widget to pull data from the first report that happens to supply data. The "Report Data Source" drop-down menu only affects the source of the data. It doesn't affect the displayed dimensions and metrics. Selection of the "Report Data Source" before or after the selection of dimensions and metrics doesn't change the lists of available items.
11. Continue to style, filter, and further configure the widget to suit your display needs
- Check out the following article for a complete list of Nativo Dimensions and Metrics and their window of availability.