Keyword level attribution to each of the phone calls from your website is a very desirable option when doing call tracking. Being able to track exactly where the majority of your most valuable leads come from gives you the ability to focus your advertising efforts on the most effective campaigns. The combination of a Dynamic Number Pool, some external setup in your data source provider, and tracking UTM Parameters in NinjaTrack makes this possible. This article links together the objectives of other articles in order to achieve Keyword Level tracking with NinjaTrack.
Setting Up a Dynamic Number Pool
1. Follow the instructions for How to add a NinjaTrack number
2. When adding your numbers select "Dynamic Pool" when prompted
3. Install the Dynamic Number Insertion Script on your client's website.
Creating Custom Source Trackable URLs
1. Follow the instructions in the article How To Create Custom Trackable URLs to enable automatic addition of UTM tags to google and bing ads and to learn how to manually add UTM tags to your other URLs
2. Use your custom trackable URLs for the ads that lead to your client's phone number displaying websites
Tracking Custom URL Parameters
2. In the "Tracking Sources" tab, under "Tracking Sources" assign the desired source details accordinglyNinjaNote: The links contained in your web-based advertising which leads viewers to the phone number displaying the landing page must contain UTM parameters. The next instruction step only works if each location-based targeted ad contains its own distinct UTM parameter.
4. Under "URL Parameter Filters" enter the corresponding UTM parameter that will link this tracking number to the specific ad
NinjaNote: Under "Tracking Sources" if "Custom Parameters" is selected from the drop-down menu under "Select Tracking Source" all calls to that phone number will be attributed to these hard-coded values regardless of the source, campaign, or medium that may have been detected by our website script for the most recent visitor from that tracking source.