Being able to track exactly where the majority of your most valuable leads come from gives you the ability to focus your advertising efforts on the most effective campaigns. Call Tracking allows you to attribute the real-world action of making a phone call to your digital marketing efforts. A Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI) Script is a string of code that you insert on your clients' business website. The script assigns and displays a unique phone number per source to each visitor that comes to your website so you know exactly which marketing source led to each phone call. This article guides you through all of the steps for how to find the script tag and install it using a variety of methods.
How to find and copy the script tag for your client's account
Every account in your NinjaTrack subscription has a unique NinjaTrack script, uniquely identified by the account ID number in NinjaCat. (The script tag is unique per account under your Accounts tab, not unique per tracking number).
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Click on "NinjaTrack" in the Setup sub-navigation
3. Click on the "Dynamic Number Scripts" button under the NinjaTrack title block
4. Select the desired account from the drop-down menu
5. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" button near the bottom left of the window
NinjaNote: The script tag will look something like this
5. Paste the NinjaTrack DNI script on every page of your client's website where calls are to be tracked. NinjaNote: The ideal location is to install the script in the footer of the webpage, immediately before the closing </body> tag in the HTML source. With the script in your clipboard, open up the web page and paste the tag in the page, then save and publish the modified web pages.
How to install the NinjaTrack Script using Google Tag Manager
1. Login to your Google Tag Manager account and navigate to the container with your advertiser’s domain.
2. Click on the red “New Tag” button.
3. Under "Tag Configuration" choose custom HTML.
5. Give your new tag the name: NinjaTrack:
6. In the upper right-hand corner, click "Submit" and continue to publish all changes.
7. Click “Publish” to confirm your changes: