Your custom metric calculations should make your templates more scalable instead of more restrictive. Global Library Metrics are custom calculations that live outside of the templates. They can be brought into a template from a universal list. The way metrics are calculated is also customizable on an account-by-account basis allowing you the flexibility of using one template for multiple accounts even if those accounts calculate a given metric differently. This article explains how to create Library Metrics at the agency setup level, how to customize the Metrics at the account level, and how to insert the Metrics into a template.
Create and Edit a Global Metric
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Click on "Library" in the Setup sub-navigation
3. Click on the "Global Metrics tab under Library
4. Click on the "Create Global Metric" button near the top right
5. Type a simple, appropriate, display name in the "Display Name" field
6. Type a distinct, unique name for the metric in the "Unique System Name" field that will differentiate this Metric from any other that might have the same or similar display name
7. Select the data format that will be used to display the Metric data
8. Select the Data Source
9. Using the Formula Creation Panel insert a combination of metrics connected by operators to create a Custom Metric Calculation
NinjaNote: If the Data Source you've selected is one of NinjaCat's Custom Data Source Networks (Google Sheets, Custom Email, URL, FTP, or SQL) you will be presented with the option to select the desired Data Source Custom Mapping. Once your desired Custom Mapping is selected, your desired Metrics for formula building will be made available.
10. At the bottom of the Formula Window, the text will alert you of an unfinished or incorrect formula
11. Once you see the text "Settings are valid" Click the "SAVE" button near the bottom left
12. Click on the "Pencil" button next to the desired Metric to edit an already existing custom calculation
13. After any and all changes to your formula Click the "Save" button near the bottom left
Edit a Global Metric at the Account Level
1. After clicking on "Accounts" in the Main Navigation Bar and "Accounts" in the sub-navigation
2. Click on the desired account from the account list
3. Click on the "Settings" button near the top right
4. Click on the "Library" tab under Account Settings
5. Click on the "Global Metrics" tab under Library
6. Click on the "Pencil" button next to the desired filter in the Global Filters list
7. After any and all changes click the "Save" button near the bottom left
Add Global Metric to Template
2. In the Widget Settings of the widget you’re editing click "Metrics" then "From Metric Library"
3. Click on the name of the desired Global Metric
NinjaNote: If your desired Global Metric calculation incorporates a custom metric made available through a Data Source Custom Mapping, that same mapping must be selected when adding your Datasource.