Your greatest efficiency comes from having scalable and flexible report templates. Library Filters are data filters that are created and live outside of templates. They can be brought into a template from a universal list. The Filters' values are also customizable on an account-by-account basis allowing you the flexibility of using one template for multiple accounts even if those accounts filter a given data source using different values. This article explains how to create Library Filters at the agency setup level, how to customize the Filters at the account level, and how to insert the Filters into a template.
Create and Edit a Global Filter
1. Go to the Setup Settings
2. Click on "Library" in the Setup sub-navigation bar
3. Click on the "Create Global Filter" button near the top right
4. Type the name for Filter in the "Unique System Name" field
5. Select Data Source
6. Select Dimension
7. Select Filter Method
8. Either enter the most used filter value in the "Value" field or leave the field blank to be customized at the account level
9. Click on the "Save" button
NinjaNote: If the Data Source you've selected is one of NinjaCat's Custom Data Source Networks (Google Sheets, Custom Email, URL, FTP, or SQL) you will be presented with the option to select the desired Data Source Custom Mapping. Once your desired Custom Mapping is selected your desired Dimension for filtering will be available.
10. To Edit an already existing Global Filter choose the desired Filter from the list
11. Click on the "Pencil" button next to the desired filter
12. After any and all changes Click on the "Save" button
Edit a Global Filter at the Account Level
1. After clicking on "Accounts" in the Main Navigation Bar
2. Click on the desired account from the account list
3. Click on the "Settings" button near the top right
4. Click on the "Library" tab under Account Settings
5. Click on the "Pencil" button next to the desired filter in the Global Filters list
6. Change either the Filter by method or the Value or both.
7. After any and all changes click the "Save" button near the bottom left
Add Global Filter to Template
2. In the Widget Settings of the widget you’re editing click "Filters" then "From Filter Library"
3. Click on the name of the desired filter