Now in your Shinobi templates and reports, you can add a visual map representation for where your conversions are coming from, as recorded by Google Analytics.
Here's a few notes about the requirements and functionality of this widget:
- This widget will only work using the data source Google Analytics (GA).
- Only the GA metrics "Conversions", "Goal Completions", or "Goal X Completions" are supported using this widget.
- Custom calculated conversion metrics will work, so long as all of the components respect the above point.
- The data is generated based on the longitude and latitude data reported in Google Analytics for each conversion goal.
How to use the new map widget:
- Create an account with google maps to obtain your API key to set up the maps network
- Click on your name in the top-right corner, then click SETUP - Agency Settings - enter your google maps API token under the DEFAULT settings then click "Save Settings:
- In the template editor, click on Widgets - DATA - Cluster Map:
- Set up your widget with all of your Google Analytics data sources and conversions. such as:
- The user can control the way the map appears in the template editor by controlling the zoom and the Latitude and Longitude of the map's center point: