With SalesForce you can export reports in *.csv format and Save these in Google Sheets, once in Sheets these reports can be imported to NinjaCat Reports. Follow this link for an article on the use of Google Sheets with NinjaCat.
Let's take a look on how to Automate getting Salesforce data into NinjaCat with the use of Zapier and Google Sheets. Automating this process will be dependent on the use of Zapier. Zapier is a 3rd party app used to connect 2 other aps in order to exchange data between them. Zapier can work with over 500+ aps to connect and exchange data. Sign up for Zapier here, https://zapier.com/.
With Zapier we can schedule automated Zaps between aps to pull the data we need from one ap and write that data to another ap.
To get Started, First we'll need to sign up for a Zapier account. Head over to https://zapier.com/ sign up and login.
Now we can create our Zap between Salesforce and Sheets
- Select Make a Zap
- Choose a Trigger ap, this is where we'll select Salesforce, search for it here, or scroll through the many options and find Salesforce.
- Specify a SalesForce trigger, this can be based off a NEW Opportunity, New Lead, New Custom Object, or a New Contact. In this example we want to pull the New Lead Data that was created in Salesforce and send it over to Google Sheets, so we'll select "NEW Lead" save & continue.
- Choose the Salesforce account you wan to connect this Zap to, if you've previously connected an account it will be listed and available to select here. If you still need to connect a SalesForce account login to salesforce in another browser tab, select Connect a New Account, save & continue.
- If you're adding a salesforce account and were already logged into Salesforce in another browser tab you will get a pop up window prompting you to allow zapier to access salesforce. Select Yes, Continue
- Another window will appear asking you to Give Zapier Permissions to access Salesforce, select Allow
- Once you've granted Zapier access you'll be brought back to the Salesforce Select account page, make sure the account you just connected is selected and click save & continue
- Zapier will then do a test attempting to access a recently created lead in salesforce, click fetch and continue
- When test comes back successful click continue.
- Now we'll choose the Action ap, this is where we select the ap we are sending our data from salesforce to. Here we are choosing Google Sheets. (See How to add a Zapier Network for our direct integration with Zapier)
- Here is where we'll define what we want Sheets to do with the data. Since we are pulling lead data from Salesforce it make sense to organise this data by Creating spreadsheet rows.
- Select the Google Sheets account you wish to connect or add a new google sheets account.
- Adding a new sheets account will require you to be logged into your Google account in the same browser in a different tab. Select Add a New Account, a pop up will prompt you to select the google account you wish to connect.
- Choose the Google Account you wish to connect, then grant Zapier access to that account. Click Allow.
- Now that your Google Account is connected you can choose the Google Sheet and Work Sheet you wish to connect and add your salesforce data to. Column headers typed into the first row of the sheet will become map-able fields here, where you can direct the salesforce data to go. In this example we are mapping lead info so we've created columns titled Firstname, Revenue, Phone, ect... in the sheet, now we'll show zapier what salesforce fields to align with what sheets fields. Once you've mapped all the fields click continue.
- Zapier will test pulling data from a recent lead in Salesforce to the Previously mapped fields in google sheets. Its helpful to have the Google sheet open in another tab so you can see the data get written to the proper cells. Click Create and continue.
This is what the data will look like imported from Salesforce into Sheets with proper mapping:
- If Writing to Sheets was successful, click finish
- Name your Zap and turn it on, any new lead fields that we specified will now be copied to Sheets any time a New Lead is created in salesforce. Now we can link this Sheet to NinjaCat and report on any information contained within it.
- Now that we've got Zapier setup and our Data in Sheets we can setup Sheets and Ninjacat follow this guide on setting up Google Sheets and NinjaCat
Keywords: Zapier, Salesforce, Sheets, Zapier Network