Bringing together data from different sources in the most effective way is the cornerstone of what we do. NinjaTrack includes a feature that sends a call event to Google Analytics 4. This allows you to combine NinjaTrack call tracking data with other data collected by GA4 in different ways than if the data comes from different call tracking sources. This article guides you through the setup in NinjaCat for how to add this feature to your tracking numbers.
Locate Measurement ID and Measurement Secret in Google Analytics (GA4)
NinjaNote: The Measurement ID "G-XXXXXXXXXX" (Similar to a Tracking ID "UA-XXXXXXXX-X" in Universal Analytics) identifies web data streams you’ve added to your Google Analytics 4 property.
1. Access Google Analytics for the desired properties
2. The Measurement ID can be found by following the path: Admin > Data Streams > choose your stream > "Measurement ID"
NinjaNote: The Measurement Secret is the unique API SECRET generated in the Google Analytics UI per Data Stream.
3. The Measurement Secret can be generated on the page found by following this path: Admin > Data Streams > choose your stream > Measurement Protocol > Create
Connect Google Analytics (GA4) to NinjaCat
4. If not yet complete, follow the instructions in the article, "How to Add the Google Analytics Network" to connect your NinjaCat agency to Google Analytics
Add Google Analytics (GA4) Credentials to Desired NinjaCat Accounts
6. Click on the desired NinjaCat Account
7. When following the instructions in the article linked in the above section, in the step labeled "Connecting Advertiser-Specific Integration Data to a NinjaCat Account":
- click on the drop-down labeled Measurement ID and select the ID for the desired property
NinjaNote: The Measurement ID dropdown will populate with the IDs that we are able to find for the given property. The user must select the appropriate one.
- enter the Measurement Secret into the labeled field
NinjaNote: An associated "Secret" value needs to be created w/in GA4 and then given to us in the Measurement Secret field. NinjaCat cannot find these on our own. Once inserted into this field, the field will then populate with asterisks (***) symbolizing that we have a Secret for this Measurement ID. If a user were to select a different Measurement ID from the dropdown and a Secret has not been provided yet, then the Measurement Secret field will be blank until a different Measurement Secret Value is given.
Enable Analytics Event Tracking in NinjaTrack
8. If not yet complete, follow the instructions in the article, "How to Add a NinjaTrack Call Tracking Number" to purchase at least one call tracking number and begin to track calls
9. Go to the Account Command Center of the desired account
10. For the desired tracking number, click on the menu icon in the "Action" column in the NinjaTrack card.
11. Click on "Edit"
12. Scroll to the 'Notifications' tab
13. Check the box next to "Enable Analytics Event Tracking". This will start sending a real-time "call" event to the Google Analytics account previously connected upon the conclusion of every phone call
14. Click the "Update Number" button
NinjaNote: When complete we will send calls to a UA property and/or GA4 property- whichever is given to us (as long as the user has also assigned a Measurement ID and Measurement Secret for the GA4 property above). In Universal Analytics, the call will be logged as Event Category = "call" In GA4, the call will be logged as Event Name = "call".