NinjaCat's Data Cloud is a completely different data interaction paradigm than our original system. The changes to how NinjaCat allows you to ingest, explore and utilize your data take several backend processes and makes them transparent and manageable to you, the user. This article lists the steps to ingest data by building what, inside Data Cloud, is called a Data Source.
Create a Network
In NinjaCat's Data Cloud, a Data Source is a collection of different decisions that results in a specific, user-configured data request. Creating a Network is the first step in building a Data Cloud Data Source. At the time of the writing of this article, the option under "Settings" where the Network settings are found is labeled "Data Sources". This "Data Sources" is completely different than Data Cloud's Data Sources and basically is an analog for Networks.
1. The first step in building a Data Cloud Data Source is connecting to a Data Provider by establishing a Network. Follow the instructions in this linked article to Add a Direct Data Network Connection.
2. The next step after adding a Network is to Add Data Connections to your NinjaCat Accounts.
3. After clicking on "Data Cloud" click on the "Connect" subheading
4. Click on the "Add Data Source" button near the upper right
5. Click on the desired Data Provider
6. Click on the "Name" field and type in a unique name
7. Click on "Add Credentials" near the middle
8. Click on the desired Data Network from the list
NinjaNote: The data collected for all of the single entities you may want to include in this Data Source may be spread out amongst many Networks. Repeat steps 7 and 8 to add any more desired Networks to this Data Source.
9. Click the "Save Data Source" button near the bottom right
10. Click "Import Dataset" near the bottom center
11. Click on the numeric notation of columns on the right side of each line item to see the list of specific data columns included in the dataset line item
12. Click on the check box on the left side of the desired line item to select it
13. Click the "Next" button near the bottom right after clicking the checkboxes for all of your desired datasets
14. Set your desired backfill date
15. Click the "Save & Import Data" button