Widgets and pages can be copied and pasted between two different templates in the Shinobi template editor, provided that the following conditions are met:
- The two templates being copied are being opened in separate tabs of the same browser window.
- The two templates being copied are loaded from the same web domain (eg. one of: app.mymarketingreports.com, reports.yourdomain.com or app.ninjacat.io, but never a combination)
- The template being copied FROM is opened first, and the template being copied TO is opened last.
- Widgets can only be copied and pasted as a new widget.
- Pages can only be copied and pasted as a new page.
To copy a page, right-click on the page and select Copy:
Navigate to the section in your template where you want the page inserted, then right-click on an existing page to either paste the new page Above or Below the current location:
To copy a widget, use the same process as above, but right-click on the widget itself in order to copy the widget:
To paste the copied widget to a new page, right-click on any blank space in the template editor to paste the new widget:
Widgets and pages can also be copied and pasted from within the annotations editor for a single report only.
A few additional notes about copying and pasting:
- Hotkeys (Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) do not work
- Dragging and dropping pages and widgets from one page to a new page does not work
- copy/paste widgets or pages between incognito mode and non incognito mode does not work
- copy/paste widgets or pages between the template editor and the annotations editor does not work
- copy/paste widgets or pages from another instance of the annotations editor does not work
- copying a widget or page in the annotations editor, then closing and reopening the annotations editor to paste does not work
- copy/pasting widgets and pages within the annotations editor should work