This article is designed for anyone who wishes to report on multiple accounts in a single report.
(For multiple accounts from the same advertising network within the same advertiser, see: How to Report On Multiple Accounts using Multiple Data Sources within the same Report).
The way to report on multiple accounts would be with the assistance of custom fields. Custom fields can be configured under the Accounts Tab / Custom Fields. To set up your custom fields so that you can report on multiple accounts, follow these steps:
- Set up your client accounts and multiple data sources
To connect 2 or more data sources of the same type together within the same account (2 Adwords accounts, for example), follow these instructions. Otherwise, set up your multiple accounts and advertising networks as usual. See How to Add a Network & Associate with an Account for more details on how to connect your account network and data sources.
- Set up your Account Groups
Start by clicking on the Accounts tab, then on Account Groups. Add Account Groups as needed:
Once you have added the account group, click on the group to add the values you need within the group.
- Under the account settings for each of your accounts, select the appropriate account group values
Click on the Accounts tab, then search and click into the account, then click Settings
From the account settings screen, scroll down to the Account Groups section and select the appropriate value for this account. Repeat this step and give the same value to any other accounts that should also be reported on in this same group.
- Create your report template / widgets in our Shinobi Template editor (Templates Beta).
(See How to use the Shinobi (BETA) template editor for more details)
- Click On the widget where you want to create your roll-up data, then click on the pencil icon to edit your data source.
- Instead of using the grouping of "none" by default, Select the account grouping that you wish to use in this report widget, then click OK
- Run your report template for any one of your accounts within that account grouping. Your new widget will now report on the selected account, as well as any other accounts that contain the same value within your "Franchise" grouping. For example, if you selected an account from your "Dominos" franchise, then this widget will report on all accounts that also have the Franchise value set as Dominos.
- When reporting on account groupings, the dimension "Account" might be a useful tool you can use to create a summary of each account within the grouping, broken out by individual account.
Is there a limit on the number of Custom Fields you can have?
The limit was 5, but was recently increased to 10.
Is there an easy way to report on all accounts at once for my agency? I already have client groups set up for some clients and would like to show reporting for my agency on specific channels we use.
Article is closed for comments.